I always have a million things I want to do and a lot are started, but not finished. Kevin hates this about me. Well..I finished 4 projects. okay….so one is ALMOST done. I just wanted to show my family I can COPY projects really well. I’m not creative enough to come up with things on my own, but I can copy really well…or at least attempt to.
This project came from here—remember, not my idea. My sis in law Sarah was brave enough to attempt a project with me! I thought it was a cute spring wreath.
Here is my American flag to put by my front door. When Kevin has chance, I’m sure he’d love to help me screw the 2x4s into some wood so it stands up. Again, my sis in law braved this project with me.
This baby quilt has been quite the struggle for me. The front came together so nicely. It’s my first quilt that I didn’t really go and buy anything for it specifically. I already had everything, even the backing. It was super fast to make and fun. It was the quilting part that drove me INSANE!! I had to pick and requilt, then take my machine in to get cleaned and oiled, try again to just have my darning foot break. I finally put it aside until I was able to get a new machine. IT”S DONE!! It looks so great, on the bottom 1/3. My friend’s baby is 5 months old, but who’s counting, right? I really like how it all came together. I hope she likes it too!
While my mom was here, we went to a fabric store and they had this cute flag quilt kit already cut out. I just said I would love to do a flag quilt someday. She asked if I wanted it for my birthday…so Happy Birthday to me!! It is so easy! 3 inch squares in all kinds of reds/blues/creams. This top is done and will be quilted in the next week to be ready to hang up on the wall. Just in time, eh?!





5 comments:
Those are all great. I love the baby quilt, it's so pretty!
WOW, didn't expect you'd have it done so soon : ) Happy Birthday!~Mom
Way to finish projects! They all look great! I'm a copy cat too. So what? ;) have you attempted the booties yet?
At a girl. Nothing like the feeling of getting projects done and moving on! They all turned out great! So jealous!
keep getting on to see pictures of your most recently finished project named Corinne! :o)
Post a Comment