29 October 2010

I PASSED!!

About 3 years ago, I was sent to Santa Barbara, CA, for work, to attend a Lactation Educator Conference. I decided then that I wanted to be an IBCLC, or an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. I knew it'd take me years to get enough hours to complete the hours needed.



Well, this summer, after a lot of money and a lot of studying, I took the test in Michigan, while I was at home.(Thank you again, Mom and Kristen for watching the boys). I knew it'd be THREE months before I got the results. Boy, have I been sweating bullets. The test is only given once a year, in July, and of course you have to pay more money. Well--today is the day to find out, and I PASSED!! What a huge relief off of my shoulders. The IBCLCs are the ones in the hospital who come to your room after you have a baby. They are the only registering body in the world in Lactation. The best news....I don't have to retake it for 5-10 years! I have to get education hours in the meantime, but I am an IBCLC!! Wahoo!! I am doing a dance over here!

10 comments:

Alice said...

Congrats Beth! That's awesome! By taking it in MI are you only registered in MI or is it something you can do anywhere?

Anonymous said...

As well you should be dancing in celebration!!! Congratulations! No one more deserving of good news!

Alice~It's the International Board Certification so I think it's anywhere. ~Mom

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS Beth!!!! Wahoo!!!!!
Love you loads! Aunt Lois

Petit Elefant said...

That's HUGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Congrats Beth, I'm so happy for you! You've worked so hard for this and you're the best girl for the job!

MWAH!

Potters said...

Good job. I'd definately recommend you.

Kayna said...

Yay Beth!

Anonymous said...

YooHoo ~ Did Kevin get home okay???? ~Mom

Crow said...

Congrats Beth! Great job!

Janene said...

way to go! That rocks. I wish you had been my IBCLC when I had that first baby. Man, my lady was ornery. :o)

You will do great, way to follow a dream! Love ya.. dance away!

Eric Westover said...

Way to go Beth! If I ever need some lactation specialty needs, I'll be sure to call. Congrats!