20 October 2010

Homemade Gifts—part 1

I’m sure everyone wants to have a bed frame, not just the metal frame that comes with your mattress. I’ve look online for used ones and just didn’t want to pay a whole lot for a bed frame. So I went online and found this pattern—loved it. So, while Kevin was home on his last R&R, he made it for me! I love that man. He can make anything, just by looking at a picture.We improvised, greatly and tweaked it to how we wanted it. I love it. He says it’s my turn now, to make the KING SIZE quilt. I don’t know if I am ready for that endeavor!
PS...it only cost $225.00

DSC_0061 DSC_0064

8 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! That looks great! I'm seriously impressed - and you with your quilting! That is fantastic!

Alice said...

Seriously, amazing! You and your husband are crafty people. I'm still trying to talk myself into redoing our 30 year old dresser and all that takes is some primer and spray paint but I am so afraid of messing it up that I don't do it. You have inspired me....maybe. :)

Bec said...

I agree with the above comments; you two have some serious talent going on. The bed frame is beautiful and the quilting is so detailed. You rock!

Julie said...

Looks beautiful! Great job!

Malerie said...

I love it! I just convinced matt to make a twin bed for Madeline. Have you seen this site?

http://ana-white.com/plancatalog

I love homemade stuff! Can't wait to see the quilt :)

Rachel DeFreese said...

Wow! Don't you love a man with power tools that he actually uses?

Oh, I wish I could quilt-- one of these days!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the finished product. Your new quilt will finish it off nicely. ~Mom P

Potters said...

It looks great. Even better in person. He did a great job.