on doctor visits for the year, for myself. I had to go TWICE, and it is only March. Maybe it was because it was 2x in one day. Two days ago, I was scratching around the shoulder and realized I had blood on my finger. Now, if you know something I hate about myself, it's been this, what I thought was a mole, around my armpit. Well, apparently I scratched it and ripped off a piece, and didn't even realize it. I called the doctor to see if I could get in and have it either removed or referred to someone who could. I got to the doctor and he told me it was a mere skin tag (that was dark brown??) and that he could snip it off and cauterize it. It was a happy day! I've hated and detested this thing for as long as I can remember. So...off it went.
Well, earlier in the day I was feeling a little bit of tenderness when I nursed Kyle. Have you ever looked at a dietician and "analyzed" everything they ate, because they must only ever eat HEALTHY things and never anything junky. I felt that way yesterday, when I realized the tenderness...was actually mastitis in the making. A nasty breast infection that is painful and tender and makes you achy and feel like you have the flu. I had it with Justin, when he was 7 months old, celebrating Thanksgiving at my parents home, in Michigan. I knew what to expect and unfortunately all the offices were closed and I had to go to Instacare for a prescription. So yes, I feel like--you are a lactation specialist, you shouldn't get "hurt". Alas, it can happen to anyone, no matter what prevention is taken. So, on to antibiotics and rest. Good thing I have today off from work!!
18 March 2009
I've reached my limit...
Posted by Potter Family at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I'm glad you at least caught it before it got too bad. I am also happy that you got that spot removed that has been bugging you for a while.
Oh Beth, that sucks about the mastitis. I have gotten it with both my girls and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't get it with Cameron. Glad to hear the move went well. Miss you tons
I hope you are feeling better soon! So your skin tag...did it hurt a lot when he did it and afterwards? I have some under my arms that I'd like to have taken care of.
Oh, girl I am so very sorry!! I didn't know that happened that far into nursing. Hope you feel better soon!
Take care of yourself! ~Mom
Post a Comment