Here is my 3rd post today. I was reading the Ensign yesterday for February and came across this article written by a woman who I thought sounded like me a little. I cried through the whole article. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband. I KNOW I was supposed to marry him, but there are those days. Anyhow, the article made me realize that I need to show more gratitude towards him for the things he does, rather than focus on the things he doesn't do. We'll take Monday for example. He had to go meet someone for a lunch meeting at 12:15, I was supposed to leave work early and meet him to get the boys before he went to this meeting and then I was supposed to meet some Midland friends (I LOVED IT!!) at a museum to get together. Long story short, I had a mom who needed my help at the last minute and I didn't leave until 12:20. I'm SURE he is going to be so mad at me because I am late. He just said, "don't worry. I have the boys here with me. Just get here and I'll take care of it. I have food for Justin." Now, this is not my husband. I'm thinking, who are you and what have you DONE?! I show up 20 minutes later and he just brings me Kyle and says, "Have fun, I"ll keep Justin and take him home when I am done." I had SUCH a good time and just had fun with the girls and just had to push Kyle around in a stroller.
That is one example of why I need to be more grateful. He kisses me everyday before he leaves and every time he comes home. He still does even if I haven't showered that day (sorry Mom). He loves me no matter what, what trial comes our way, the way I look, my piles on the kitchen counter (again, sorry Mom), my lack of dishes not done or a late dinner. He calls me if he is doing something different than what was previously planned. He calls me just to check in and tell me he loves me. He calls me when he is done with his classes and on his way home and talks to me the whole way home. He sits with me every Sunday at church and willingly attends. He supports me with my Scouts calling and the endless meetings and 6 rambunctious boys at our house, he'll eat peanut butter & jelly sandwiches (he HATES them and calls them poor people food) just to taste my homemade jam, he jumps up and down with Justin when he is dry and brings Kyle to me in the night when I don't even know it.
For those things I need to be grateful. He is a good husband and I don't show it nearly enough. So here is my post to the world to let him know I love him. Thank you, honey.
05 February 2009
Three Posts today --
Posted by Potter Family at 12:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I really appreciated reading that article too. I think it is important to take a look at what we are contributing to the relationship and not always what the other may be doing that is wrong or bothersome!
My eyes were already leaking from reading "My Micali Girl" by Kristen. Then I was excited to see a new post here. Gotta get my eyes fixed : )
There were days I didn't get in the shower, too. The cluttered counter would be "Sorry, Dad". He just doesn't understand that when it's on the counter, I know where to find it : )
Gotta read that article. Love, Mom
Awwwww, what a sweet Kev. He is a very hard worker. I admire him for that.
Awwwww, what a sweet Kev. He is a very hard worker. I admire him for that.
Loved the current posts and pics.
I recently read (can't recall where) that when we appreciate what we have, we want less. I think we all need to learn the appreciation lesson better. I still need to read my Ensign too!
Love you all bunches! Aunt Lois
Post a Comment