I love my son. He makes this seem so easy! Not to boast! Sheesh...two days in a row he has kept his pull-up dry. Yes, he does do #2 in the pull--up still, but he comes and finds me now after he did it and brings me wipes. Before, he waited for me to smell the aroma. I do have to say, yesterday he amazed me. We had our ward Christmas party, and I put a pull-up on him and I thought, well, he's going to be running around with the other kids, I guess I won't worry about it. I just kind of figured he'd go pee in the pull-up. We went to the Festival of Trees after the party (Trees are decorated in memory of a loved one who stayed at Primary Children's Hospital, and then people buy the trees and the money is donated to the hospital. I cry every year. It's gorgeous and a lot of work/love goes into it), and I really figured I wouldn't worry about it.
The party started at 5, we got to the Festival of Trees at 7:45. 9:30 (yes, we kept our kids up LATE!! I hate doing it. I try to keep it to 1 MAYBE 2x a month) comes around and we are getting ready to leave. Kevin has to use the bathroom and goes into the bathroom. Justin looks at me and says, "potty"..grabs himself..and has this urgency. I tell him to run to Daddy. HE WAS DRY! 4 1/2 hours on Day #3!! I kissed him a thousand times. Told him how proud I was--sheesh. I was shocked. Today is Day #2 of dry pull-up. He did great at church! So maybe by Christmas? I'm still hoping for that!
07 December 2008
Day #4...
Posted by Potter Family at 9:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
congratulations Beth! Your son really does make it sound easy! I think he's ready for the transition into big boy pants! Merry Christmas to you guys!
Yay! Good job Justin! What a big boy he is now. I'm glad that it is going easy for you.
WTG, Justin!!!! I thought you were going to say he told you at the party that he had to go. 4-1/2 hours is amazing! Grma P
Great job for going on the potty Justin. I know what you are struggling with right now Beth. I am in the thick of it as well with Emilee. Luckily she has been doing great now for a couple weeks. No accidents. We don't do naptime pull-up anymore, but night time I still do a pull-up and most nights she wakes up dry. Here's to getting Justin to go poop on the toilet. At least he is recognizing and not liking the poop in the diaper. He'll get it soon!! Sorry to hear about the house, but you live and learn just like you said and how were you to know the economy was totally going to crash.
Post a Comment